Start Time: 8 PM ET (US), 12 AM (UK)
Date: Friday, 17th April 2020 WWE SmackDown Live
Venue: WWE Performance Center
City: Orlando, FL
- The SmackDown Tag Team Titles are on the line in another unique Triple Threat Match, Tamina takes on Sasha Banks, Money In The Bank Qualifying Matches get underway and Sonya Deville attempts to clear the air with Mandy Rose on this week’s Friday Night SmackDown.
- WrestleMania 36 saw the SmackDown Tag Team Championship defended in a Triple Threat Ladder Match between John Morrison, Jimmy Uso and Kofi Kingston. The roles will be reversed next week when The Miz represents himself and Morrison and defends the SmackDown Tag Team Titles in a Triple Threat Match against Jey Uso representing The Usos and Big E representing The New Day. Will the self-proclaimed “greatest tag team of the 21st century” yet again prevail under unique circumstances, or will either Jey Uso or Big E bring home championship gold for their respective team?
- SmackDown Women’s Champions Bayley may have her next title challenger… but not if Sasha Banks has anything to say about it. Tamina crashed Bayley and Banks’ post-WrestleMania celebration on the April 10 edition of SmackDown with a clear motive: to get a one-on-one opportunity for the SmackDown Women’s Title against Bayley. The self-proclaimed role model bent to Tamina’s request, but the titleholder added a twist, saying that Tamina would only receive the title opportunity if she could defeat Sasha, though Bayley laid out the challenge without consulting Banks. Will The Boss derail Tamina’s championship aspirations in honor of her best friend?
- Daniel Bryan to face Cesaro in Men’s Money in the Bank Qualifying MatchfacebooktwitterTumblrPinterestEmailSami Zayn and his Intercontinental Title slipped through Daniel Bryan’s fingers at WrestleMania. Now he’ll have an opportunity at retribution when he meets Cesaro for the right to enter the Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Who will earn a spot in what promises to be the most unique Money in the Bank Ladder Match yet?
- Sonya Deville’s attempt at WWE matchmaker proved to be a costly proposition, as it’s put her longtime bond with Mandy Rose on the rocks. Prior to WrestleMania, a shadowy figure revealed that Deville had interceded on Rose’s Valentine’s date with Otis in order to set up Dolph Ziggler with The Golden Goddess. Then at the Show of Shows, Mandy Rose entered late to slap Deville, low blow The Showoff and plant a kiss on the victorious Otis. Will Sonya and Mandy iron out their differences, or is this just the beginning of their implosion?
- Naomi has been trying to climb the championship ladder since her return to the blue brand, and a Women’s Money in the Bank Qualifying Match against Dana Brooke could get her one rung closer to the summit. Can Dana punch her ticket, or will The Glow light up WWE Money In The Bank?